Tuesday, November 23, 2010

15th reflection

LAST ENTRY FOR PBEY 3102~ BLOGGING~



1. What do you like about blogging?

What I like about blogging is that it is very convenience. I can make it either as a diary or as a report. It would be fun as anyone read my blog and express their thought in it. Maybe they could share their experiences as well.



2. What you do not like about blogging?

When I express my opinion through blogging, people tend to criticize a lot. Most of them are negative. They like to do that because it is easy for them to express it compare to face-to-face interaction. I found this very unprofessional. It is like a bad conference. The problem is that when people do that through blog, some of the messages do not deliver effectively. There is no tone, not clear expression, and so on. This would lead to conflict which I do not like to face. If it is a good conflict which have a solution, then it would be fine. What if there isn’t?



3. What have you gained from blogging e.g. Language skills, improved fluency, critical thinking, improved thought processes, technology skills etc. How?

To me, I have developed my critical thinking and reflecting thinking skills. When we try to comment on others, we should do it in professional way. This is how I developed my thinking skills. I must be thorough in giving reflection to other people so that people will not misinterpret my comments. In term of technology skills, there is not much to improve because there is too much task to do than to actually learn it. Although most of the task are easy, but frankly speaking the task are tedious and not well explained about the purpose of each task given to us.



4. What do you like about this course?

There is not much that I like about this course. Only that we are exposed to variety of softwares and ways to find resources from the internet.

5. What you do not like about this course?

What I do not like about this course is the professionalism that was supposed to be shown in this course. We are human being but when it comes to work, tasks, or assignment, everyone has to be professional. We should not involve emotional state, biasness, or criticism in work. However, when it is related to the term “human” we should put the term professional aside. This is to make sure that we will not treat or being treated as a robot. Plus, there are so many confusion in this course that to me, should be made clear from the beginning so that we will not feel burden to complete the task. This course is also costly. Although we are well known that we are learning and we should not be stingy when it comes to learning, but perhaps to mention that we are students and not all of us have enough money is not too much I guess.


6. What have you learnt from this course?

From this course, I learnt about finding resources from the internet, using softwares and editing resources.

7. What have you learnt from this course that you did not expect to?

This course provided a lot of software as a tool to edit the resources. There are too many that I do not even expect that internet skills are essential. I did not expect the use of Photobucket, Youtube, and so on are taught to trainee teachers because I thought they are not related to the word “resources”.

8. What have u expected but do not learn from this course?

What I have in mind is about this course is how we will use resources and manipulate it in class. To be precise, to adapt it into the primary school classroom. For example, how we use pictures to teach about animals, how to make puppet from socks, how to search for song, poems, rhymes that are suitable for primary school classroom. Pupils like realia, or things they can manipulate from the lesson using their motor skills. However, I could not find it in this course.


9. Comments regarding modules:

Ok.

1. Internet and computing skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I got to find resources from the internet easily.

b. What do you not like about this module?

I have to online when there is no internet connection in my house.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

No comments

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

No comments

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

Obviously I learnt about internet skills. It helps a lot.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can now use my internet skills if I want to find pictures or images, or songs to be used in the primary school classroom.


2. Photo Editing

a. What do you like about this module?

I get to edit photo and insert messages in it and I think it is very effective when teaching the pupils. The lesson will be more attractive and interesting.

b. What do you not like about this module?

Sometimes it requires a lot of time to edit just one picture which means this module is time consuming.


c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

I get to edit my own picture. It was good!

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

As I said this module is time consuming therefore this task is also time consuming

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

Probably a several skills that I learnt are ICT skills, internet skills, thinking skills and much more.

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?
I can make my teaching aids more meaningful as I can include message in the picture.


3. Audio Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I involve the audio which I like because I love music and songs

b. What do you not like about this module?

It is hard to edit the song to make sure the tone still match

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

There are a lot of thing that I can do with the module. And I can make the audio more interesting.

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

The task did not allow us to edit our own favorite song…

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt communication skills as a discuss it a lot with my friends

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can integrate the skills when I teach a group of pupils in class.


4. Video Editing Skills

a. What do you like about this module?

I watch video a lot so I think I love this module too

b. What do you not like about this module?

I involve audio too so it is hard to do

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

The task was simple and I had produce my own video

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

Nothing. I just like it.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt a lot of skills

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I am able to use the video to teach in my class after this.


5. Software for ELT


a. What do you like about this module?

There are a lot of software that can be use to teach

b. What do you not like about this module?

Nothing. I like it.

c. What do you like about the task given for this module?

This task was fine

d. What do you not like about the task given for this module?

There are a lot to do in one task.

e. What are the specific skills that you learn in this module?

I learnt internet skills and ICT skills

f. How the skills learnt in this module can help in the making and choosing of teaching aids for the ELT classroom?

I can integrate the skills when I want to make my teaching aids later





10. If you can change anything about this course, state what is and elaborate?

I do not think there is to improve in this course. But perhaps the lecturer to include the making f puppet as teaching aids.



On a scale of 1 – 10, please rate your computing and technological skills for both before and after undergoing the course.


8

No comments:

Post a Comment